Eat Your Dang Veggies Pasta Salad
I know I have talked a lot about meal prepping this week and we really go in waves whether we are big meal preppers or not. This week is unique for us because we have some fun activities after work which means we do not have the time we normally would to prepare our lunches the night before. It doesn't always go down this way in our house, but we take it week by week and make plans based on our needs.
When I first started my healthier lifestyle meal prepping was everything for me. It kept me accountable and sane. I highly recommend making meal prep part of your routine at first if you are trying to make changes in your lifestyle. Over time it will become second nature and you will find yourself depending less and less on that crazy meal prep day. I find its amazing to have meal prep ideas on hand when times do come up when you need to be more organized and this recipe is one of those for us!
p.s. EAT YOUR DANG VEGGIES;)
Veggie Medley (we did asparagus, red onion, green and red bell peppers and mushrooms, but you can mix it up here)
2 large chicken breasts
3 lemons, juiced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 box of Banza chickpea pasta
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in your full box of pasta. Cook for 5-10 minutes until cooked al dente.
2. Dice all of your veggies to make them bite sized.
3. Cook your chicken in a pan until cooked through. Cut into bit size pieces.
4. Add in your veggies, pasta and chicken until a large mixing bowl.
5. Add in the juice of your lemons, olive oil and garlic powder and toss until all of the pasta salad is coated.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and separate into 4 glass containers for lunch or a quick dinner!