Buddha Bowl with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and are easing into your week nicely :)
Paul and I have been trying very hard to eat a #meatlessmonday dinner each week to just try to cut back on our meat intake and also expose ourselves to some new fruits and veggies. We tend to be creatures of habit so it has been so refreshing to force ourselves to try something different. We are also trying really hard to be mindful and mealprep for work lunches so we keep ourselves in check because we have engagement photos in TWO WEEKS. These bowls are a PERFECT meal prep idea for lunches and are so hearty so they will keep away that 3:00 slump. Check out this easy recipe below!
1 large sweet potato
1 cup cherry tomatos
1/2 cup kale
1 can of chickpeas
1 cup quinoa/brown rice combo
1 tbsp hemp hearts
2 lemons, juiced
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a pot on the stove cook your 1 cup of quiona and brown rice with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Slice your sweet potatoes widthwise and roast in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes until toasty.
3. Prep the rest of your veggies. Dice your mango, cut your cherry tomatoes in half, slice your avocado and massage your kale.
4. In a bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients until smooth.
5. Form your bowls with a scoop of grains at the bottom, and then add in the veggies and mango on top. Top with hemp hearts and then drizzle your dressing. Enjoy!
*This recipe makes two bowls, but if you are meap prepping just double the ingredients so you can have more throughout the week!
**Omit grains for whole30 and use cauliflower rice or more kale!