Sweet Potato Joe
If you followed along on my Instagram stories, then you already saw how this super quick and easy dinner came together. It is one of my absolute favorite dinners to make, especially when we are in a time crunch. It is so flavorful, easy and healthy (WHOLE30 APPROVED :)). I highly recommend keeping this one in your back pocket for that hectic weekday so you can spend less time cooking and more time relaxing after a long day!
2 large sweet potatoes
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp ghee
1 bay leaf
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. With a fork, poke small holes in your sweet potatoes and cover potatoes with foil. Place directly on the oven rack and roast for 45 minutes (until fork tender).
3. While your sweet potatoes are roasting, add in your ghee to the skillet and let melt. Add in your diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant.
4. Add in your ground turkey and break up with your spatula. Continue to cook until cooked through.
5. Add in your tomatoes and spices and bring down to a simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes then remove your bay leaf.
6. When your potatoes are ready, take out of the oven and slice lengthwise, opening up enough for your filling. Scoop in your "joe" filling and do not be stingy here.
7. Optional if not whole30: top with some cheese or greek yogurt for a little creaminess and enjoy!