Crispy Papas Bravas
Back in Boston I was absolutely obsessed with this tapas restaurant in the South End. Unfortunately, we have not found the same here in Charlotte just yet, so I was determined to make my own recipe at home. Now I feel ready to go for a tapas theme book club because these potatoes are so crispy and perfect. The secret trick you ask?? Ice water! Check out the recipe below for more info:)
1/2 pound red rustic potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1. Cube your potatoes into bite size pieces. Place the potatoes in a bowl of ice water and set into the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
3. Rinse your potatoes with cold water and dry with a dish towel and dry completely.
4. Toss your potatoes in your olive oil and spices until fully coated.
5. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Finish on broil for 5 minutes to crisp up the outside.
6. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice. We chose an amazing paprika aioli (Whole30 compliant mayo, paprika, garlic powder and lemon juice).