Chicken Pesto Zoodles w/ Blistered Cherry Tomatoes
This weekend we got our first CSA box and I could not be more excited. Supporting our community here in North Carolina has been so important to me and through tons of research I have finally decided to join a CSA program. I am so excited for the challenge to start cooking with local fresh ingredients and getting out of my comfort zone to try to new things. Often, I find myself stuck with ingredients I gravitate towards at the store, so this will allow me to eat healthier, eat local, and try new things. SO exciting!
This first week was really highlighting the farm's beautiful tomatoes, but we did get zucchini and tons of basil. I immediately wanted to put our box to use so I developed this recipe using my Whole30 pesto, zoodles, chicken and of course those gorgeous tomatoes.
2 zucchinis, spiralized
1 pound chicken, cubed
1/3 cup Whole30 pesto
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp olive oil (1 for marinade, 1 for cooking)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your cherry tomatoes on a lined baking sheet and put in the oven for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the meal.
3. With a spiralizer, make your zoodles (you can also find store bought zoodles if you do not have a sprializer).
4. Cube your chicken into bite size pieces and add the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper. Set aside and let marinade for a few minutes while you make your pesto.
5. Make a batch of my Whole30 pesto.
6. Sautee your chicken until cooked through. For the last 5 mintues, toss in your zoodles and cook until soft.
7. Stir in your pesto and serve with your blistered tomatoes on top.