Shrimp Salad with Easy Herb Vinaigrette
I know I have been so MIA lately and for that I am SO sorry, but I promise I have a good excuse! P and I got engaged a few weeks ago and we have been living it up celebrating with friends and family! I CANNOT wait to marry him and this has been the best time of my life :)
While our engagement has been so exciting, I still have the wedding in the back of my mind and I am trying to eat clean so I can feel my best during this special time. This salad has been on our weekly rotation and we are loving it! The dressing is so fresh and you can easily use whatever veggies you have on hand to whip up a quick weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Oven roasted spicy almonds (maple syrup and paprika)
- Goat cheese to taste
- Spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup of herb variety (we use whatever is growing in the garden such as basil, parsley and mint)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Clean all of your fresh produce and herbs.
2. Toss your almonds in 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1 tbsp of paprika. Roast in a 400 degree oven on a baking sheet for 10 minutes until golden.
3. With a tbsp of ghee or cooking oil, sautee your shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
4. Dice your onion and begin building your salads. Add lettuce onto a plate and then sprinkle with diced onions and goat cheese. Top with your roasted almonds and cooked shrimp.
5. In a high speed blender add in all of your vinaigrette ingredients. Blend until smooth.
6. Drizzle your dressing over your salad and enjoy!