Lox with Latkes
This is something we learned to LOVE on Whole30 and are easily my new go to brunch when I want to impress visiting friends and family. It comes together so nicely and my cashew chive cream cheese gives the perfect amount of creaminess to compliment the smoked salmon and salty capers. This is definitely a must try for your next brunch at home!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
4 large white potatoes
1 large brown egg
1/2 cup almond flour
2 pieces of smoked salmon
2 tbsp capers
4 tbsp cashew chive cream cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel your potatoes.
- With a cheese grater, grate your potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add in a dash of salt and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Move your potatoes to a cheese cloth or towel and squeeze out the excess water. Place back into your mixing bowl.
- Add in your egg, almond flour and salt and pepper to taste into the mixing bowl. Mix together until incorporated.
- Form small patties with your potato mixture and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with your cashew chive cream cheese, capers and smoked salmon. To take this even further you could put on a poached egg :)