Whole30 Chicken Piccata
Chicken Piccata is one of my FAVORITE dinners. Literally I could live off of chicken piccata and be completely happy for the rest of my life. Since we started Whole30, I wanted to develop a clean recipe for my family and you all :) To my surprise it was really easy to do and even more satisfying.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes
2 boneless chicken breasts
Juice of 3 lemons
3 tbsp ghee
1/4 cup almond meal (or flour)
1/4 cup almond milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp capers
2 cups fresh spinach
- Pound your chicken breasts out to about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip your chicken first in a bowl of the almond milk and a whisked egg and then into the almond flour. We used the remaining almond meal from our homemade almond milk in order to not waste any part of the almonds, but you can always use flour here.
- Heat your skillet with 1 tbsp of your ghee on medium heat.
- Place your dredged chicken into the hot skillet and sear on both sides for 5 minutes each.
- Add in your lemon juice, capers and remaining ghee.
- Bring all to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes until sauce thickens.
- While your sauce thickens, steam your spinach in a strainer over a saucepan with 1 inch of water.
- Serve your chicken over a bed of steamed spinach and some garlic mashed potatoes, then drizzle the extra sauce on top. Enjoy!