Salmon w/ Strawberry Glaze
I worked at an amazing restaurant in college and I swear their strawberry glaze is the sole reason I started eating scallops. They served scallops on top of this glaze as an appetizer and it was to die for! I cannot believe it has taken me this long to make a sauce inspired by this dish, but P has been bugging me to do something with all of the strawberries I froze last week so I started racking my brain on what we can do with them. Then this glaze was born and I swear to you it is SO good. I really think salmon absorbs this glaze best, but it could be used with chicken for a lovely spring salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Yields: 4
· 4 salmon fillets, skin on
· ½ cup fresh strawberries
· 1 lemon
· 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
· 2 tbsp ghee
· Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry all of your produce.
2. Preheat oven to 400.
3. Slice your strawberries.
4. In a small saucepan, add in your strawberries, 1 tbsp of ghee, the juice of a lemon and 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns. Bring to a boil and let simmer until a thick sauce forms.
5. While your glaze simmers, pat your salmon dry. Add your remaining tbsp of ghee to a hot skillet. Place salmon in skin side now and sear for 3 minutes.
6. Place your salmon skin side up on a lined baking sheet. Brush with your glaze and bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve with a bright green veggie and enjoy!