Ghee is such a staple in Whole 30 since butter is a no no, but it can be a little expensive from the store. I never realized how easy it is to make and cannot believe I have not tried this at home before, but I am so excited to share my success with you all and encourage you to make ghee at home as well.
16 oz unsalted Kerrygold Butter
- Add your butter into a saucepan and put on low heat.
- Watch for the butter to start bubbling and the milk proteins to float to the top.
- Once a layer forms on the top of solid milk proteins, closely watch your butter.
- After 10-12 minutes your milk proteins should start to turn a more golden color and a foam will form on the top. This is how you know your ghee is ready.
- Transfer to a measuring cup for easier pouring.
- Pour your ghee into a airtight glass container with a cheesecloth secured on the top.
- Store in your fridge and use where you would normally use butter or oil.