Easy Meat Marinara over Crispy Potatoes
I hope you all are loving my Whole 30 journey on my instagram beacuse we still have 27 days to go together :) I started whole 30 for a reset, but also for some recipe inspiration. I wanted to push myself to think outside of the box and be a little more creative in the kitchen.
For me, quick dinners are always going to be my go to. That is why it is so important to find healthy dinners that are minimal ingredients and easy to put together, because who wants to spend hours cooking after a long day of work? This meat sauce + crispy potatoes is such an easy dinner and both components can be used many ways! I would love this sauce over brown rice pasta, steamed spinach or even on its on with a fried egg on top. The crispy potatoes can be a side dish to wow your family and friends! Serve with a fancy aioli and you'll have some crazy delish patatas bravas :)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 ground turkey (or chicken or beef)
- 1 can whole 30 compliant diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (top layer of can of coconut milk)
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 small white potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp meat and potatoes seasoning from Primal Palate Spices
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. While your oven preheats wash and cube your potatoes.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and spiced then lay flat on baking sheet.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn Oven onto broil and continue baking for 5 more minutes until crispy.
- In a skillet add in your ghee, diced onion and minced garlic.
- Sautee until aromatic. Add in your ground turkey and continue stirring.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, liquid included, and bring to a boil.
- Add in your spiced and coconut cream and bring skillet down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve sauce over crispy potatoes and enjoy!