Tomato Pie Frittata
If you can't tell from my recipes, I absolutely love tomatoes. Growing up if I went to visit my Grandmama you better believe I was eating tomatoes from her garden the whole time. It didn't matter if it was a BLT or just sliced tomato with salt and pepper, I had to have those tomatoes. This week I am working up to starting the Whole 30 program so I wanted to make sure to recipe test some delicious dishes I can make in the next 30 days. Below is my version of a tomato pie, whole 30 approved.
6-10 basil leaves
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Optional - balsamic vinegar to drizzle over the top
1. Preheat your oven to 350. In a cast iron skillet or round baking dish, rub the avocado oil around to coat all sides.
2. Add in your eggs and whisk until scrambled.
3. Slowly whisk in your garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Roll up your basil leaves and chop with herb or kitchen scissors. Whisk into your eggs.
5. Thinly slice your tomato and carefully lay on top of the eggs, covering completely.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until your eggs have cooked through.
7. Cut pie slices to serve and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!