Shrimp Pasta with Lemon Herb Butter Sauce
Hi all! Here to share one of our favorite week night dinners. It sounds and looks fancy, but it is so quick to come together. We love serving this when entertaining guests or just for the two of us. The fresh flavor of the lemon mixed with the creaminess of the ghee make the perfect sauce.
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp ghee or grass fed butter
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 box brown rice pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in your brown rice pasta. Set aside 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining. After 7-10 minutes, drain and rinse with water.
2. While your pasta cooks, add in your ghee and the zest of two lemons into your skillet. Squeeze the juice out of all four lemons and stir until mixed together.
3. Add in your shrimp and simmer on each side for 2 minutes.
4. Roughly chop your parsley, saving a little on the side for garish. Add the parsley into your your skillet and stir.
5. Finally, stir in your brown rice pasta into the skillet and let simmer for 5 minutes. Plate your dish and garish with the remaining parsley.