Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Salad
Spring is truly one of my favorite seasons. That may be because my birthday is in April, but I like to think its because strawberries and blueberries come back in season. I absolutely love berries and nothing beats a fresh picked strawberry. This salad has been one of my favorites for years and I am so excited to share it with you all! Let me know what you think!
1 cup strawberries sliced
2 chicken breasts
2 stripes of nitrate free bacon
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup Tessamae's Balsamic Dressing
2 cups spring mix lettuce
Optional: blue cheese crumbles
1. In a large skillet, add in your bacon and cook until crispy.
2. While your chicken cooks, slice your strawberries and dice your red onion.
3. In the same skillet add your chicken into the bacon fat and cook until fully cooked through.
4. Plate your salad with your mixed greens, strawberries, onion, crumble your bacon and top with chicken. Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top or omit for a Whole 30 approved meal!
5. Drizzle Tessamae's balsamic dressing on top and serve!