One of my mom's absolute favorite meals is shrimp wrappers. I remember growing up and thinking it was the most fun dinner because we always made our own at the table. They are super easy, light, healthy and completely customizable. Check out below for our verison + instructions :)
8 rice paper wrappers
1 cup rice noodles
1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
1 bag of spinach
Optional filling: fresh mint, fresh basil, carrots, sprouts and cucumber.
Almond Butter Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Boil rice noodles for 1 to 2 minutes until soft. Rinse with cold water to bring them down to room temperature.
2. Boil shrimp for 3-5 minutes until cooked through. Rinse with cold water to bring them down to room temperature.
3. Fill a large bowl with hot water from the faucet. Dip the rice wrappers into the hot water for 30 seconds. Lay onto your cutting board and start to add your fillings in. Once you have filled your wrapper fold over lengthwise and then tuck the sides in. Roll until it forms a spring roll shape. Continue until you make all the wrappers.
4. Whisk the almond butter, coconut aminos and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl.
5. Dip your wrappers in the almond butter sauce and enjoy!